Manchester United have won five in a row and head to Wembley on Sunday full of confidence under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
But they are still looking to strengthen via the transfer market this month – and beyond.
The links with Philippe Coutinho seemingly came out of nowhere, but aren’t going away.
And they’ve also decided on their No.1 defensive pick ahead of a mega-money summer move.
So what else is doing the rounds? Here’s what has caught our eye…
To see every completed Premier League transfer so far, click here .
Young defender to head back
Regan Poole could leave Manchester United and join Newport County on loan – four years after moving in the opposite direction.
The 20-year-old centre-back moved to Old Trafford for an initial £100,000 in 2015 – having become Newport’s youngest ever player at 16 years and 94 days.
Now the Daily Mail claim he is set to return on a temporary basis.
Poole has been capped 15 times by Wales at Under-21 level and last season had a spell on loan at Northampton Town.
United ready Koulibaly move
Manchester United will offer Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly an escape route.
United have made the 27-year-old Senegal international a prime summer target after failing to land him before the start of the season.
De Laurentiis has ruled out the player’s departure during the January transfer market. He has claimed to have rejected a £95million bid from United in the summer – a declaration that has been denied at Old Trafford.
But while United sources insist their interest in Koulibaly never went beyond making an enquiry about a valuation, they have now made signing the France-born defender a priority.
United have made Carrasco contact
The wife of Yannick Carrasco, the Belgium international, says Manchester United are interested in taking him to Old Trafford this month.
According to the player’s wife, Noemie Happart, United and Arsenal are both keen on bringing in the 25-year-old this month.
“There are a lot of things going on, he has been called by a lot of clubs,” she told RTBF on Saturday.
“A lot of clubs are interested, nothing concrete, nothing has been signed yet.”
Valverde on Coutinho’s links to United
Philippe Coutinho has been backed by Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde, who insists he hopes the Brazilian will remain at the club this month.
Valverde has been preferring Ousmane Dembele on the left side of his front three and Spanish publication Marca claim Coutinho has ‘hit rock bottom’ as a result of his current situation.
That’s seen speculation mount over a potential switch to Old Trafford – now Valverde has offered further clarification.
“Throughout the season the games are happening, and in some games they are not so lucky,” said the Barca boss.
“Coutinho has played great games with us and we hope he will continue to do so. The other day was not a good match on our part.